– Far Infrared Rays
Have you ever noticed when you go to a waterfall, forest or the ocean there seems to be an invigorating feeling in the air?
Generally, this is due to more dense volume of negative ions in the air. It’s not surprising that we feel invigorated because research has discovered that negative ions have a positive impact on our stress regulation system and dealing with pain can be stressful. Negative ions, as well as far infrared light, like that from the sun, have benefits for pain management and general well-being.
For only $10, WholeHealth will include this therapy with any IV treatment, or for $20 you may use it independently of other treatments.
Far InfraRed Light
Used in combination, Far Infrared Thermotherapy and Ions cause:
- Increased Circulation. The circulatory system is responsible for the delivery of oxygen-rich blood and the removal of wastes. Far infrared rays (FIR) have been found to enhance blood circulation in human skin, which eventually induces an increase in temperature of the body tissues. FIR was discovered by NASA to be the safest and most beneficial light wave to the human body, and NASA used FIR to support the cardiovascular health of its astronauts.
- Pain Relief.The negative ions help to balance the nervous system, which is how pain signals are transmitted. The far infrared heat helps to reduce soreness and tension in damaged tissues for ailments such as: arthritis, sprains, joint stiffness and other musculoskeletal disorders. And as mentioned earlier, the more efficient blood flow in the body can also supply the sore areas with oxygen and nutrients in order to facilitate healing.
- Increased Body Temperature.Far infrared rays have the potential to penetrate deeply into the body. (Although, some delivery systems are more effective than others.) As the body’s temperature rises, the following benefits occur:
- Increase in skin microcirculation, skin temperature and core temperature.
- Blood vessels dilate to help blood circulate faster and more efficiently. This allows the blood to transport oxygen faster to the organs or damaged tissues that need it.
- A 1-degree Celsius increase in core body temperature results in up to 36% increase in immune function, 12% increase in metabolism and 50% increase in enzymatic activities.
- Increased Energy. The cell is the most fundamental part of the human body and cellular health has a direct correlation to our overall health. The mitochondria in cells through metabolism of oxygen and nutrients produce the energy we need to live and to heal. The FIR heat stimulates the mitochondria and metabolism to produce energy.
- Immune System Boost. There are 3 main ways the immune system can be supported with far infrared rays and negative ions:
- Increasing the core temperature can induce an artificial fever that stimulates a type of immune cell called a CD8+ cytotoxic T-cell, which helps destroy infected cells.
- Increasing the core body temperature is beneficial, as viruses and bacteria are susceptible to heat.
- Negative ions support the correct charge differential across the cell membrane and support the cell membrane integrity to resist the effects of viruses & bacteria.
- Detoxification in the Body. Far infrared rays support detoxification in the body in multiple ways: induced sweat to rid the body of wastes through the skin; more efficient cells and cell membranes; and support to the cardiovascular and limbic systems to help release the body’s waste build-up. Negative ions act as anti-oxidants and help to alkalise & purify the blood and therefore help reduce acidity that causes painful inflammation and subsequent toxicity.
- Destress and Clearer Thinking. Negative ions have been demonstrated to help mental function and help regulate moods – stress, anxiety and depression – sleep patterns and the autonomic nervous system. The deep warmth generated from far infrared rays can produce heat shock proteins (HSP), or stress proteins, to help the body deal with environmental stress.